Just few days back we thought of playing it again. quickly we reached to 5th level. "Quaestor - Mediolanum". Without wasting my time we start building city. Too much hurry to listen to all those instructions. created the hi-fi infrastructure in minutes and with trade routes open and now started waiting for people to come. People were coming but city population was stagnant. Everywhere was shortage of people. Nothing was functioning properly. Result no development. Base reason : wolf were killing new people.
Next time, somehow i manage to control the wolf next time, and quickly build this Hi-Fi city again. All money lost. Got a loan...lost again. And now i have angry Caesar, not very well functioning city and enemies at door. Now I'm invaded by enemies and army of Caesar itself. How hard you try, you can hardly recover broken economy during war.
I tried this stage so many times. Thought a lot. and I concluded these.
- Identify the starting problems and have them in control in time. (referring to wolf)
- Use your resources wisely.(don't over spend)
- Provide facilities only when its needed. (don't build infrastructure which r required in later stage in very early stage). Why will a beggar do with Ferrari car?
- Avoid taking loans. You might get help sometime but not always. People cut your throat when Time is BAD.(referring to attack from Caesar itself)
- Start earning as soon as possible, its hard to earn money and easy to spend.(open profitable trade routes ASAP)
- Whatever it takes, survival is most important. You can recreate the empire only if you could survive. Defend well with your all possible invaders.
For an entrepreneur life is no different. these rules applies everywhere. context and roles might changes and only difference you have here is you don't have an option of replaying the same scenario again in same time frame and you can't control speed of time.
I feel so enlighten with these thoughts. Learning becomes so easy when co-related.